Learning Resource Centre Assistant
1. To support students in the use of ICT and other learning resources in a courteous and friendly manner.
2. To provide assistance to students and staff using the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) including duties associated with obtaining, renewing and returning learning resources.
3. To assist staff and students in the development and use of e-content on courses on the college virtual learning environment.
4. To carry out a wide range of library and administrative duties, including the operating of booking systems, maintaining records, sorting and cataloguing learning resources, stock-taking and the preparation of display exhibitions.
5. To assist and run student workshops to promote the general progress and well being of students.
6. To maintain good order and discipline among students and to safeguard their health and safety.
7. To cover the computer suite and workshop areas and keep services running in the absence of other staff.
8. To organise and tidy learning resources areas, computer suites and workshop areas, technical and store rooms. To clean and carry out routine maintenance of equipment and to keep maintenance records.
9. To set up and operate equipment and other resources as required and arranged.
10. To participate in the preparation of learning resources within the college, and to attend meetings as required.
11. To participate in the college appraisal scheme, and arrangements for further training and development.
12. To lift and transport equipment and other materials as required.